Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Get...Jacked?!

During the off seasons one major goal is to get stronger by lifting weights and staying in shape by running and doing different agility exercises. You work incredibly hard and would be willing to try anything legal to achieve your goals. But throughout this process something that I am beginning have to beef with is a vanilla flavored powder substance called...Protein. This farce promises great rewards in strength and stamina yet I never seem to reap any of the benefits. The less results you see the more you drink, giving your liver and heart all it can take! Sadly, most people believe in the lies and buy more and more bags of it. And, there are more brands and bags of protein out on the market than hairs on my head...wait, bad analogy...but you get the picture. Steroids result because of this kind of bad logic. Thus, I return to Spring Training looking back on my off season asking myself the question, "did all those nightly shakes do the wonders it promised...or did I just waste a bunch of strawberries and bananas?"

No comments: