Thursday, July 16, 2009

Oh The Places You'll Go.....

"One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure."

-William Feather

One of the greatest blessings of playing baseball over the past three seasons has been getting to travel all over the country. Another player might view the traveling we do as a means to an end to play a game of baseball, but I see it as an opportunity to see, experience, and enjoy all that a place has to offer. I have found that you get out of something what you put in, and for those of you who know me, I like to throw my whole heart into things.



Now, you might be asking when does he have time to do anything when he plays 140 games in 152 days, and the answer my friends is...you find a way! I have lost sleep occasionally, almost missed the bus for a road trip once or twice, but in the end it's worth it for the memories. More than the wins and losses, it's these moments with my teammates and host families below, along with many others, that will etch the walls of my memory for years to come...





On the beach in Vero Beach, Florida





Cliff jumping in Ogden, Utah




At Bear Lake, Utah with my host family from my first season



Swimming in Lake Michigan with my host family from the last two seasons


Canoeing with Paul De Pree on the Rifle River in Michigan


Hiking Camelback Mountain, Phoenix, AZ




Hot Air Balloon ride with my roommate Jordan over Midland, Michigan



At Wrigley Field watching the Cubs play in Chicago


Maybe Dr. Seuss was right all those years ago...?

3 comments:

Elizabeth Ann @ Elizabeth Ann's Recipe Box said...

If you are putting the picture OF CLIFF JUMPING up. . . you might as well put the picture of TRYING TO FEED THE ALLIGATOR in Florida. . . contract contract contract! Come to think of it. . . hot air balloons are probably not a good idea either! Even though they are pretty amazing! You have had LOTS of great memories! :-)

Us said...

Parker,
Sorry to leave this as a comment...I can't believe I don't have your email address, but I wanted to thank you for the birthday card...it was definitely a portrait of my stage of life right now! It made my day, so thank you! Hope to see you soon! jenn

Us said...

Come on Parker. Not a post in seven months. You would have thought meeting the Whittys or going to Colorado with Em would make the cut. OH well. I mean could have said something about mudding or camping. Maybe next year.

Ryan